Welcome to the DSC Clinic, a specialist outpatient clinic under the National Skin Centre. Thank you for letting us serve you.
We set high standards for your care and we want to make your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible at the DSC Clinic.
About the clinic
We share the NHG vision of adding years of healthy life.
Our mission is to be the national and regional referral centre of excellence for the diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). We are committed to provide cost-effective and expert management of STIs in a setting of intensive medical research, quality education and patient safety.
Our services are provided by a team of professionals dedicated to the management of STIs. We have consultant STI specialists as well as physicians-in-training on our staff.
As the DSC Clinic is involved in the teaching of medical undergraduates and post graduates, there may be students undergoing training at times. Permission of their presence will be asked and patients’ preference will be respected.
DSC Clinic provides the following services:
• Screening for STIs and HIV
• Diagnosis and treatment of STIs
• Pap smear screening for cervical cancer and pre-cancer
• Vaccination against hepatitis B and human papillomavirus (genital warts virus)
• Information and education on STIs and HIV
• Women’s Clinic
• Men’s Clinic
• Assistance with informing your partners about testing or treatment
• Counselling on personal or relationship issues, or referral to appropriate counselling services
• Pharmacy for STI treatments
• Complimentary condoms
• Referral to other health care services where appropriate
• STI/HIV hotline and helplines
To make an appointment, please fill in the Online Appointment Form or alternatively, you may wish to call 62939648 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. The appointment call center is opened every Monday to Friday from 8am - 12pm and 1pm to 5pm.
If the clinic is particularly busy or your case is not urgent, you may be asked to make an appointment to attend another day. We recommend all patients to book an appointment at least 3 working days in advance.
Our patient service associate (PSA) will assist you with your registration process.
1. On arrival, please pick up a queue number for registration at the registration counter.
2. Kindly wait for your queue number to be called by the PSA.
3. Please produce your identity card, CSC/SAF card, work permit, employment pass and referral letter for registration.
4. A separate Q chit to the designated consultation / treatment rooms will be issued to you after registration.
On your first visit, you will receive your DSC appointment card which contains your particulars and details of your next appointment. Please bring along the card for your subsequent visit, as this will speed up your registration process.
Whenever you communicate with us after your first visit, please give your name and state your HRN as it appears on your DSC appointment card.
By registering at the DSC Clinic, you have agreed to be a patient of DSC Clinic for diagnosis, procedures and treatment. You will be looked after by a healthcare team who will have access to your medical information.
Our doctor and nurse will obtain your medical history and conduct a thorough examination on you.
You are encouraged to discuss your medical problems with them.
Male patients will usually see a male nurse before they see the doctor to reduce the time taken in the clinic. The nurse will assess your condition and may order certain laboratory tests. Symptomatic male patients are advised to hold their urine for 4 hours before their laboratory tests.
Laboratory tests will be done in the clinic.
Upon completion of the examination and investigations, your doctor will discuss his/her findings with you and explain any treatment that may be needed.
Patient Education and Contact Tracing
At the DSC Clinic, we have a team of health advisors who will provide you with detailed information about your condition and assist you in adopting a lifestyle that will reduce your chance of getting an STI.
Our health advisors will also seek your assistance in referring your partner(s) to our clinic for STI/HIV screening. We hope that by providing them with early screening and treatment, it will help to reduce any complications for them.
Payment of fees and follow-up visits
After your consultation, our PSA will present you with a bill, with details of services rendered for payment. You will also be informed of any need for a follow- up visit.
You can make your payment by either cash, NETS, credit cards or cash card.
If you have any questions about your bill, please contact:
THE DSC MANAGER
31 KELANTAN LANE #01-16
SMS service for your test results is available upon request (depending on your eligibility). Please approach our PSA for assistance.
You can be assured that your medical records will be kept private and confidential unless your permission is given to release them.
Your rights as a patient
As a patient at the DSC Clinic, you will be:
• Provided with quality medical care aimed at managing and treating your medical condition and promoting your well-being:
o Treated with respect, dignity and compassion, regardless of your gender, age, race, religion, nationality, social status, sexual orientation, physical or mental abilities.
o Attended to and cared for according to your needs, with the understanding that other patients may have more urgent needs.
• Informed of the names and identities of the healthcare team involved in your care.
• Interviewed, examined and treated in privacy. Confidentiality of your medical records is protected and access is limited to the professionals involved in your care:
o A copy of your medical record/report is available at a fee on request.
o The DSC Clinic is a teaching medical clinic. If you prefer not to have fellows or medical students present during your consultation, please inform your doctor.
• Informed of your diagnosis, treatment and expected results so as to facilitate your participation in the treatment decision and care process.
o Explanation on your condition.
o Information on the planned course of treatment and procedures.
o Information on the risks, benefits and alternatives of treatment.
• Given the right to feedback, compliment or complain to the clinic.
Your responsibilities as a patient
To facilitate your care as a patient at the DSC Clinic, you can help us by doing the following:
• Providing complete, detailed and accurate information about your health, including present and past conditions, allergies, medications and dietary supplements, hospitalisations, healthcare regimens and any other health-related matters.
• Abide by the doctor’s or nurse’s prescribed treatment. You should inform our staff if you anticipate problems in following the prescribed treatment.
• Keep to your appointments and be on time for your appointments. Otherwise, please inform the clinic early.
Download Patient Information Leaflets
• Abide by all rules and regulations of the clinic:
o Treat all staff, other patients and visitors with respect and courtesy.
o Respect the confidentiality and privacy of others.
o Be responsible for the safekeeping of your valuables and personal possessions during your visit.
o Treat the clinic’s properties and facilities with due care and responsibility.