What is Balanitis?
Balanitis is the inflammation of the skin of the glans penis (head of penis). This inflammation can
sometimes affect the surrounding foreskin as well.
What would you experience when you have balanitis?
You may experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Pain and redness of the glans penis
- Pain and difficulty when retracting foreskin
- Pain when passing urine
- Foul Smell
- Erosions and/or Ulcers (rare)
- Swollen lymph nodes in the groin area
What can I expect when seeking treatment for Balanitis?
- Doctor consultation & Genital examination
- Relevant tests e.g. Skin Scrape and/or Skin Biopsy Test to determine possible cause of
Patient Information Leaflet provides information on what Balanitis is all about, the causes of balanitis and what precautions can be taken.